Wednesday, December 28, 2011

War of the Words

My walk with Christ has never been straight, nor have I ever claimed it to be.  To help get back on the path, I write verses on my bathroom mirror to remind me of certain things.  Right now my three panel mirror has "Let your yes be yes. Let your no be no." (Matthew 5:37) scribbled on it.  Yesterday morning, when I woke up, there was another verses scribbled in Eric's hand writing just beside mine. "Good people are good to their animals, the 'good-hearted' bad people kick and abuse them" (Proverbs 12:10).  Needless to say, I was a little confused about it.  I understand what it means, but didn't understand what Eric meant.  So, I texted him to please explain the verse and who it pertained to.  I then went about my morning getting ready for work in utter confusion. 
Around 9 o'clock when Eric's break came around, he replied to my text.

"I just wanted you to feed the cats and dog. Luv you!"


Because that would have been much harder to say...

No comments: